Property represents a secure, sound, long-term form of wealth creation. As such, many people are increasingly turning to property investment to secure their future. A well managed investment can offer many advantages including income and capital growth. Many investors may also be able to use their investment to reduce tax payable on their assessable income.
Property is also a good option as part of an investment portfolio, particularly with people who do not need immediate access to their money and wish to protect themselves against inflation over the long term. It is important, however, to be aware of the responsibilities of managing your property investment and assuring proper care and responsibility. As considerable money is at stake, you need to take the time to get good advice before you act - and remember, consideration of any investment presents wide and varied alternatives and there are always plenty of experts ready to pass on their opinion. It is wise, therefore, to always seek appropriate advice from a qualified financial advisor or your accountant.
Once you have entrusted your property to McEwing & Partners our experienced property management team, will be responsible for the day to day management of your property and tenancy including:
- Screening and selecting the right tenants - Through our extensive database, we are often able to quickly match the right property to the right tenant to your requirements.
- Ensuring prompt “on time” payment of rent and issuing receipts.
- Arranging for repairs and general maintenance to the property
- Paying of accounts such as water services and council rates
- Processing any insurance claims that may arise*
- Exercising the owners/tenants rights to terminate leases and tenancies
- Re-letting the property at the end of each tenancy in the event of a vacancy
- Doing all such lawful things as may be directed by the owner in writing from time to time
- Accurately reporting on the condition of the property at the inspection, during and end of each tenancy, and providing owners with comprehensive condition report including photos.
- We are well accustomed to resolving any areas of conflict in a professional and positive manner.
Call us to find out how we can assist in managing your real estate assets.
* These may be at an additional fee